Monday, January 30, 2012

Plain and Simple

John played in his second Barrister's Bowl this past weekend.  
It was a beautiful, sunny day, and John played great!
I am so excited to finally be able to make "wearable" garments.  This is the Plain and Simple Pullover that I knit with 2 skeins of Wollmeise 100% superwash merino in Neptun dark colorway.  I used a 3.0 mm needle.  
It took much longer than it should have because I started out making a medium size, but realized after 6" of knitting that it was coming out way too big.  Then, when I finally got to the collar, I did not have enough yarn, so I cut 2 inches off the bottom of the sweater and used that yarn to finish the collar.  I could have made 2 of these with all of the knitting and ripping and reknitting that I did.

I am very happy with it, and it is perfect for the climate here, i.e. no winter this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment