Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Whatta Sock is Supposed to Look Like . . .

Now, this is whatta sock is supposed to look like . . .



Remember this (see middle sock in photo below) . . . I mean, is it me, or what? Does it look a little unusual to anyone else? This is the yarn and pattern that came with the September Socks That Rock kit. Beautiful yarn and great pattern, or so I thought. I usually make the kits as they come in just as the pattern is written. It helps stretch me out of my comfort zone. Usually I'm a top-down, heel-flap kinda girl, just sayin'. Next time, I'm going to trust my instincts, and, if a pattern says to increase at the ankle, well, I'm just not gonna do it.


The good news is that I was able to get a pair of socks out of the leftovers with a few yards leftover. These will probably be gifted to someone for Christmas.
Below is my Just Enough Ruffles in Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! colorway - Dragon Millipede. It is so fast and easy. I'm already on the ruffle, which is 600 stitches per row.



An upclose photo of the colors . . .



And a new little project I started yesterday. It's called a Mushroom Hat from Purlbee. The body of the hat is a little larger to accommodate a ponytail. I'm making it out of Yarntini True Love in sportweight on size 5 (ribbing) and 7 (body of hat) needles. So cute. For my great-niece. . .





Don't you just love when this happens? I finally just cut it and started knitting after an hour. Will have to go back and untangle at some point though.


I would just like to add that I know the designer of the sock (the sock) in the second picture is a great designer, and I am not trying to put down on her. This is just not my taste.
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment