Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day celebration this past Sunday. My cousin, who is like a sister to me, came over with her husband and 3 sons. Her parents, my favorite aunt and uncle, came, as well and my mom and step-dad. Missing was TD, who had to return to Birmingham Saturday after OS' graduation. We had boiled crawfish, which somehow did not get photographed, and barbeque. The boys, all 6 of them, and the 2 dogs swam all afternoon.

This is my aunt, on the left, and mom, on the right (obviously). My aunt was like a second mom to me. I spent a lot of my youth with her and her 3 daughters.


L to R: my cousin, my aunt, my niece, mom and me



And I have a little visitor for the week. MS has finals this week and must concentrate on his studies. Even though Bailey is a very good puppy, she still needs a lot of attention. Isn't she adorable?




She gets along very well with Beau - it only looks like they are fighting. I assure you, they're playing. They do this constantly, until one of them throws up the white flag, and then they go to their respective corners and nap. Then one of them wakes up, goes and nudges the other, and it starts all over again. It's very funny to watch. My 2 dogs, Coco and Cubby, usually watch from the couch tucked in safely next to me. They want no part of it.

There is knitting going on, and of course, there is yarn coming in. I will tell you about all of that later this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment