Monday, July 26, 2010

There Has Been Knitting

I will start with my newest project. I started this yesterday afternoon, and I am so addicted to it. It is a baby blanket pattern, Creamy Waves from the book "200 Stitch Patterns for Baby Blankets". The yarn is Yarntini - Rainbow Cocktail in merino sock. There are 7 mini-skeins of yarn. The colors are unbelievable. I am holding the yarn double on a size 9 needle. I love working on it.

I am changing colors after 6 rows. I have about 7 inches done so far.


My current sock project is made from Dream in Color Smooshy in Good Luck Jade colorway. The pattern is Not So Cable Socks by Sockbug on 2.25 mm needles. I love this yarn. I decided to not continue the pattern on the foot and to just rib the foot. This yarn is fabulous to knit with.


My "car" project is a plain stockinette sock in handspun yarn - Country- in organic merino wool. I got this on Etsy from DebbieB. Turns out that she is a local girl from Louisiana, who lives only an hour from me and has a sister who lives in my town. Small world. Her yarn is great to work with. The subtle color changes keep me interested.



Now on to my Finished Objects . . .

I finished this while at the beach on vacation. It is Fiona's Top from Rasmilla knits4kids. It is for my 5 year old great-niece. I actually knitted the size 2 because of the chest size, and added to the length. The yarn is Wollmeise 100% superwash in Tutu and My Old Blue Jeans colors. I love the way this turned out. I do still have to find buttons and sew them on.



I also started and finished a baby blanket while on vacation. The yarn in Sanguine Gryphon Skinny Bugga in Holly Blue Butterfly knitted on size 9 needles (held double). The pattern is Cradle Me by Anne Hanson - knitspot. Blocked size is 30" x 30". I was making it for my nephew's baby who is due in October, but a friend and employee's daughter had a baby a few days ago, and I decided to give it to them. I have time to make another.





Finished these before leaving for vacation, but did not have a chance to photo and blog about them. They are Socks That Rock - Calico colorway - lightweight, knit on 2.25 mm needles. The pattern is from the May 2010 kit "Swing Set".
That's all for now. I have lots of yarn to photograph and blog about. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment