Sunday, February 27, 2011

WIP's and FO's

I started this sock last Saturday while in Destin, then did not pick it up again until yesterday. It is the first installment in Cookie A's sock club. The yarn is String Theory Caper sock yarn with 10% cashmere in Solas colorway. The pattern is Ripple Leaf Socks by Cookie A. Also included are two delicious cookie recipes. The pattern is very interesting, and the yarn is very soft and nice to work with.

Since the Cookie sock requires some concentration, and I can't really work on it if I am not sitting and doing nothing else, I casted on another of Cookie's patterns, Monkey Socks. I love this pattern and have it pretty much memorized, so I can take it with me and work on it away from home. The yarn is STR lightweight in Storeytime colorway. This color makes me very happy. Both socks are being worked on 2.25 mm needles.


One of my knitting goals this year was to make a larger shawl in lace yarn. So I rolled a skein of Wollmeise lace-garn in Die Auster WD colorway and casted on a Pamuya. (Only after making a needle run for a size 4 needle to my LYS which is 40 minutes away). But I was determined to cast on immediately. I think it is going to be beautiful.



I finished my 3rd pair of socks this year. These are in Numma Numma The Usual in Griddle Grits colorway. The pattern is Holidazed by Anne Hanson. Love this yarn, love the twist of it, love the color of it, and love this pattern.


And last, but not least, I finished my Cassis. I LOVE IT. I wore it to church today, even though it is over 80 degrees outside. The yarn is Madelinetosh Vintage in Trodden colorway, knit on size 7 needles. It was a joy to knit, due to the yarn as well as the well-written pattern. It fits perfectly.


Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment