Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All I Wanna Do Is . . .

I don't know what I like doing more, looking at and reading about and handling yarn or actually knitting. The HWWTM calls it an obsession. Well, I guess he's right. I just can't get enough. So, just popping in to show a few new acquisitions, a finished object and a couple of started objects . . .



These first 2 are Wollmeise Barista and Frosch . . . I hit another Wollmeise update this past Monday, so I have more on the way - grab bags - you gotta love 'em.















This is the last installment in the Yarntini Summer Semi-Solid Club. Included is a little mini-skein of cashmere, not sure what I'll do with it, but it sure is soft. I joined her next club. It's a monthly thing that you can cancel anytime. I guess I'll cancel when I can't walk in my closet anymore.











And this is the last of three Yarntini self-striping, called Fresh Stripe.




I started a new sock yesterday - it's the September Blue Moon Socks That Rock sock club. The pattern is Knetted by Cat Bordhi, and te yarn is River Rocked. After a couple of tries and a little froggin', I'm on the way with it now. I really like the pattern so far - I just don't care to knit mediumweight yarn on 2.5 mm needles.





Started this scarf this morning. It's just a simple 2x2 broken rib pattern, alternating colors after 2 rows. Love this yarn - it's Baby Alpaca Grande by Plymouth Yarns in grey and maroon, knitted on US 13 needles. It's going to be donated to our high school for an auction, so have to get going on it. It helped that I had a pedicure this morning, so I got about an hour of uninterrupted knitting done on it.







I've also been plugging away on the baby blanket too - it's about 20" now.








And lest you think I never finish anything, which is how I feel sometimes, a FO. The Loopy Ewe Sock Club from 9/09. I really, really like them, but I don't know if I'll keep them or give them to someone for Christmas. The colorway is a lot like Blue Suzanne, which I already have a pair in that I love.

















And a little something to show you what I've been doing every weekend . . . isn't he a hunk? And a sweetheart too.


Thinking about changing the blog name - All I Wanna Do Is Knit - kinda has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Have a great week.









1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he's a sweetheart?? Maybe if he'll ever call me back and let me stay at his apartment Friday night I'll reconsider that statement.

    P.S. Love the "don't be jealous" reference below!! I laughed out loud when I read it.

    Love,
    TD

    ReplyDelete