Thursday, October 22, 2009

If At First You Don't Succeed . . .

. . . try, try again. So my niece called me a couple of weeks ago to ask me to make her 4 year old (almost 5) a purple hat. I kinda forgot. Then while stash diving the other day, I found this beautiful Karabella purple yarn, which made me think of the hat again. Well, I had made the Baby Rollin' Beret for a friend's granddaughter a few months ago, and it was quick, easy and adorable. So I thought I'd use that pattern. Well, in one short after noon, I whipped this out . . .

Cute, right? Right, but way too small. Like it might fit a 2-3 year old, but not a big almost 5 year old. So I go back into the stash and find more purple yarn. (OS's school colors are purple and white, that's why I have so much.) I go back to ravelry and find the adult size Rollin' Beret and start it in a 20" instead of 18". It looks like it's coming a little big, but you know what, I'll just make another if I have to. I think I'm going to crochet a little gold flower to pin on it - you know, LSU - purple & gold.

Don't you love this? It's Mini Mochi by Crystal Palace Yarns. It's a self-striping sock yarn. I combined 2 different colorways and am alternating them every 2 rows. Love the way it's coming out. (I know, I started another sock without finishing the previous pair.)



And this is my first finished Knotty glove in Wollmeise yarn, Brombeere colorway. Really like these, and have already started the second one.




More grab bags!!! A blau (blue) bag which contains Kornblume (cornflower), Nobody's Perfect - Agatha, Blau Tinte (blue ink), Gewitterhimmel (stormy sky), and Hortensie (hydrangea).





A Gemischt bag (alot of different harmonic shades) . . . Zarte Knospe (tender bud), Johannisbeere & Brennessel (currant & nettle) SWOON!!!, Versuchskaninchen (guinea pig), Gazpacho (the soup), and another beautiful Merlot.






Four Words . . . I CAN DIE NOW!!! I LOVE this colorway. It's an old, old one, and I have wanted it for so long. I thought I might get one in my bag today, so I was prepared. Because if I wasn't, I would have opened it and fainted dead away on the spot. As it is, I tore open my bag in the car in the post office parking lot like someone possessed. I cannot tell you how disappointed I would have been if I had not gotten it. It reminds me of Christmas - the colors. And guess what? I have another one coming in a trade. I know, when it rains, it pours. I must have some good karma or something. Because it is raining Wollmeise at my house and I'm lovin' it.







Don't forget, Ladies, it's Breast Cancer Awareness month. Get your annual mammograms. MS's girlfriend's mother gave this to me. She has a monogram shop, and she had breast cancer a few years ago. I told her I will use it as a knitting bag.

Save the ta-tas!
Have a good weekend!!






No comments:

Post a Comment