Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mostly Pictures!!!

We spent Thanksgiving at the beach. We actually went out for lunch and the HWWTM cooked a little something for dinner. This is at the dinner table at our new condo. I just love it. Sorry, dad, you're not in the picture, but somebody had to take it.
It was nice just having the 6 of us there. Here are the 4 kids, probably will end up being our Christmas card photo - note to self - better get on that.

This is me lovin' my new condo. Did I mention that I love my new condo?

This is what TD and I mostly did for a few days - knitting while wrapped in our Snuggies. Oh, and cuddling with our doggies too. That's Tiger. TD started a Girasole in some yummy Numma Numma sportweight in a beautiful red called Ring of Fire.

The boys played lots of PlayStation . . .

. . . and caught up on their sleep.

After coming home from the beach, we left the next day for the LSU - Arkansas game. We won in overtime - it was a great game. We did a little tailgating before with MS and his girlfriend, who are both students at LSU. Isn't she beautiful? And sweet too. I told MS he'd better be nice to her because I really like her. And she really wasn't as thrilled as she looks to be holding a pig.

Ok, on to some knitting . . . my Mini Mochi socks which will probably gifted to someone for Christmas. This yarn is a b*tch to knit with, but it sure makes a pretty pair of socks. I have more of this in my stash, but it'll be awhile before I knit with it again. (Kinda like childbirth - I'll have to forget what a pain it is before using it again.)

And some Numma Numma socks (the usual) in Eat Your Veggies colorway done on 2.25mm needles in a pattern that I got in a Woolgirl kit. Really, really enjoyed this yarn and this pattern. These are for a friend's teenage daughter who is a beautiful red-headed, blue-eyed sweetheart who asked if I would knit her some socks.

And finally, the STR baby blanket for my hairdresser's wife. I'm actually going to bring it to him today. I love the way it came out. The finished size turned out 27" x 30".

And I started my November STR sock kit. It's the last one of the year, and it's a Raven color called Blackbird - very hard to capture the color.

I also started a Girasole for one of my best friend's daughter who is expecting in February. It is being knit in Sweet Lace from the Sweet Sheep in Snow Squall colorway. It's mostly white with just a hint of blue in it. I'm knitting it held double on a size 5 needle. I want it to be a little tighter knit than a shawl.

And guess who's been staying with me for a couple of days - BEAU. He is a beautiful boy, and he has calmed down a lot, but still has a way to go. He went swimming at 7:30 this morning.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment