Monday, February 22, 2010

Bits and Pieces

The title says it all - bits and pieces. First, proof that we actually went to the Superbowl, and more importantly, proof that my Featherweight Cardi actually went to the Superbowl. I'm sure everyone knows by now that THE SAINTS WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

There was an awesome halftime show featuring The Who.

The light show was unbelievable.

Now on to knitting news . . . the Girasole was finished last week and blocked. It will soon be gifted the the 10 lb. 3 oz baby boy that was born a couple of days ago. It turned out lovely, if I do say so myself. It measures about 40" across post-blocking - perfect size. I did leave out a few sections here and there due to size and yarn restraints. I'm very happy with it.




I also whipped up another cute little pair of booties, called Baby Moc-a-Sock. Don't you just love booties? They can be knitted in just a day or two. These are made in Lorna's Laces sportweight, Camouflage and Courage colorways. I used 3.0 mm needles for the orange part, and 2.75 mm for the camo part. Just adorable.





I started these last week. It's the January RSC kit. They're a fairly easy knit. I only have one more pattern repeat before the first one's finished, but I have been very distracted. . .



. . . . by this. I am addicted to this. I cannot put it down. It's a Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf done in 4 different Wollmeise colors - Zenzi and Vroni(formerly a Baktus, but ripped it because I wasn't happy with it), Natural and Feldmaus. It's only 2 simple rows repeated, but the color changes keep things interested. I'm already planning in my head my next color combinations.






Got 2 Wollmeise Gemischt bags in over the weekend. Dunkle Kirsche (on top, I think I have about a blanket's worth of that) and Grapes for Sheri. Love GFS.







Another shot of Grapes for Sheri - beautiful!!!


Gotta go pick up YS from school and get him to golf practice.
Have a good week.







1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a post, the Superbowl and some gorgeous Wollmeise! Love that scarf, the colors are beautiful, cannot wait to see it all worked up!
    10 lbs 3 oz...I cannot wait to see some pictures....my first and #5{first home-birth} were an even 9lbs, I feel her pain!LOL! What a stunning gift that blanket is, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete