Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Addition to the Family

We've got a new addition to our family this weekend - a new grandpuppy. She's a yellow lab pup about 6 1/2 weeks old, 7-8 lbs and cute as a button. Her name is Bailey. Josh (MS) decided he needed a pet. He's never been much of an "animal person", but his gf is in pre-vet and loves animals, so I guess she's rubbed off on him. Have I mentioned that we love her? The gf, that is. Oh, and the puppy too.


She is very friendly and loves to chew and play.



Josh had the foresight to get her a couple of toys - a little chew rope . . .


. . . and a little monkey toy that she loves. I think his name is Marvin or Melvin or something like that, can't remember. LOL








She eats really well, and slept through the night last night (in the bed with him, can you believe?). She is quickly potty training too.


I think she is going to be a nice addition to the family. The number of dogs in the family are almost equal to the number of people (5:6). I think we need another puppy to even things out. I fear the HWWTM would abandon ship if we brought home another dog.
And because this is a knitting blog . . .
I made a hat for my step-dad. He called the other night and asked for a hat to wear while he walks in the morning. So I whipped one up for him. It's a good thing I was quick, because he called this morning and asked if it was ready. It was, but it was still wet from blocking, so he came and picked it up anyway. He is not known for his patience. Anyone who knows him knows this.

The yarn is Noro Kabuto, which is wool, silk, cashmere and merino. It was made on a size 10 needle; I casted on 76 stitches and did a 2x2 rib. Viola!!





My February Yarntini arrived in the mail today. It is called "Dirty Martini" and is a beautiful mixture of blues and greens. Love it.



I'm trying to resist the urge to cast on another sock. I finished my first RSC sock and can't seem to make myself cast on the other. I want to start something new. I've also been working on my Scrappy Scarf and am almost finished with it, just another inch or so. I may go stash-diving and see if anything inspires me. Yarntini and Monkey pattern goes so well together.
Have a good weekend.






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new addition!!! Seems like yesterday Coco was that big...she is up to 35 lbs~yikes, they grow fast! That yarntini is to die for, huh! Nice hat too, love the color!

    ReplyDelete