Monday, March 8, 2010

New Yarn and Weekend Visitors

I received some lovely Wollmeise in the mail this past Saturday. Unfortunately, it seems that I am being reverse-stalked by these 2 colorways: Rhabarber and Dunkle Kirsche. These 2 are for sale.





I also got these 2 lovelies: Regenbogen and Maus Jung. These are not for sale.




SPOILER ALERT!!!


If you haven't received your Loopy Ewe Sock Club kit for March yet, don't look any further!!!


A very nice kit . . .



A lovely skein of Fiesta Boomerang in Spring Chill colorway made specifically for TLE, a great-looking sock pattern by Wendy D. Johnson called March Mosiac Socks and a shawl pattern by Samantha Roshak called A Little Jazz. I love the sock pattern, but dislike knitting toe-up socks. I have 2 single socks that are both toe-up patterns that I am gonna have to make myself do the second one of each. I don't seem to have this problem with top-down patterns. I may do a little swatch of the pattern and turn it upside down and just see how it looks.





I completed my Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf made of 4 colors, which I love. It does have a few little flaws - my cast-on is a little loose, and my bind-off a little tight. I still think it is beautiful and am very happy with it. I definitely see myself making more of these and just need to choose colors.



It turned out 5" across and 66" in length. Perfect size.






I spent part of Saturday morning organizing my knitting patterns . . .






Luckily, I finished my organizing before John and Josh arrived with Beau and Bailey. Yes, the cousins met, and after a few minutes, they were the best of friends and played nicely together.

I took tons of pictures of the 2 of them and will post those in a day or two.
Have a great week.







1 comment:

  1. LOVE your idea of organizing those patterns like that...where did you find those organizers??? I hope you don't mind if I use your idea...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete