Thursday, April 22, 2010

Starts and Finishes

I started some things this week, and I finished a couple of things this week. I started these socks in Mama Llama Original 3-ply Autism colorway on 2.25 mm needles. The pattern is Woven Stitch from Sensational Knitted Socks.




And who doesn't love Lorna's Laces? This is Grumperina color on 2.25 mm needles. Pattern is Staccato Socks from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn.





I finished the March STR sock club kit. It was a fun knit. They're a little big for me, plus I'm not crazy about sportweight socks, so these will go in the gift pile.



Next, I finished the Zauberball socks. I love, love, loved this yarn. It was a blast to knit with, anticipating the color changes. I will definitely knit with this yarn again. These are for me.



And, of course, I got some yarn in the mail this week. This is Sanguine Gryphon, 4 skeins of Cotton Stainer (a blanket's worth), and a skein of Karner's Blue. Can you say "cashmere"?





And . . . . . Wollmeise Im Jahr der Ratte (in the year of the rat) x2, en klein wenig verrucht (a little bit wicked), Kuken (chick) and Mohrchen (little carrot).


I am also still working on my Yarntini baby blanket. It is about 25-26" long. I think I'm going to make it about 32" long and then do a single crochet edging around it. My goal is to have it finished by the end of April. Baby is not due until June, but they are out-of-town, so it may need to be shipped. We'll see.
Have a good week.




No comments:

Post a Comment