Saturday, September 11, 2010

This past week or so, I have started a few new things, finished a couple of things, and, of course, acquired a few skeins of yarn. (All the while watching tennis on TV).

I casted on a pair of Slipper Socks yesterday and knitted away. Let me tell you - chunky yarn + size 7 needles sure knits up quickly. I am making these for a couple of basketball players at our high school. They are twins, and they have asked me for about a year now to knit them some socks. They have even asked YS to ask me to make them socks. Well, you can imagine my hesitation to knit them socks. First of all, they're twins - so that means 2 of them which equals 4 socks. You know about SSS (second sock syndrome), but what about third and fourth sock syndrome? And as you can also imagine, they are basketball players; so you know what that means - size 12.5 feet!!! So when I came across this yarn, I thought it would be perfect for them. I stopped at this point so that YS can try them on for size purposes. Also, I think I'm gonna need another skein or two of yarn.


I also casted on a Sockhead Hat in Yarntini self-striping in McDreamy colorway. I actually have a few more inches done on this since the picture was taken.


I knitted up this little baby gift for a friend of mine whose son just had her first grandchild. It's knit in Socks that Rock heavyweight, Goody Goody colorway. The pattern is called Sweet Baby Kate from Carrie at Irishgirlieknits. I did make a couple of revisions, one of which is the ribbed edging on the hat and socks. The pattern calls for a picot edge, which I find very tedious and fiddly. The entire set only took about 3-4 hours of knitting time.
I also finished the little camouflage socks from the previous post for my great-nephew. They fit him perfectly. He put them on and ran around in them, slipping and sliding, despite 90 degree heat. I will have to get a picture of them on him, as I forgot to take a FO pic.


In yarn acquisitions, I received this skein of Vesper self-striping sock yarn in Harvest Summer colorway. I believe it was the August club color.


In a ravelry trade, I received 4 skeins of Wollmeise Molly in Pfefferminz Prinz. I'm not sure if I love this color so much. I might just hold onto it for trading purposes.


I got this kit from The Loopy Ewe in support of Ovarian Cancer. Sheri @ TLE is donating all of the proceeds from this kit to research for ovarian cancer.


And I got some beautiful Yarntini Chunky in Merlot. I will use this for a scarf, Cinder by Jared Flood, which I will probably donate to our high school for their annual Lobster Bash fundraiser.


This yarn is String Theory Caper sock in Essence colorway. It has cashmere in it. Need I say more?


And I received another Rainbow Cocktail set from the awesome Jessie at Yarntini. I can now finish my blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment