Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I finished the twins' (Blake and Brock) Slipper socks. I will give it to them this Thursday when I see them at school. I hope they like them and will wear them. They are made of Dream in Color Groovy, which is their chunky weight, in Bayou colorway, which is their September Dream Club color. The pattern is Slipper Socks, which came with the purchase of the yarn, knit on size 6 & 7 needles. The 2 pairs took a little more than 2 skeins of yarn.

I have been wanting to try my hand at stranded knitting. So when I saw this pattern in this month's Vogue Knitting magazine, I decided to try it. I ordered the yarn, Knit One, Crochet too, it came in, and I casted on Saturday. I finished them today - 4 days. Not too bad. This was knit on size 5 needles.
There is quite a bit of puckering. It is pretty hard to maintain tension.
From what I have read, it takes alot of practice.
These pictures are of the hat unblocked. It is soaking as I write this. Hopefully, blocking will even out some of the puckering. We'll see.

I really enjoyed doing this and already have another hat pattern picked out, The Hat Besserud by Pinneguri (who does unbelievable stranded work).

I am going to try to finish my Numma Numma blanket tonight while watching Biggest Loser. Only the border left to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment