Monday, July 13, 2009

Blackberry Farms

This is where we spent this past weekend. This is our cabin at Blackberry Farms just outside Knoxville, Tennessee. It was the most unbelievable place. The name of our cabin was Meadowlark. Quiet, peaceful, unbelievable beauty . . .
This is where I spent some time knitting on the front porch . . .
The view looking out from the front porch . . .



There were some really good friends to spend time with . . .


Delicious meals . . .




I think YS had some really good times too . . .





There was folklore and storytelling at the Yallarhammar one evening . . .






Beautiful horses for riding . . .







Fly fishing . . .








YS caught 2 big fish . . .

I had a wonderful, relaxing day at the spa with a massage and a facial (and a new spa robe). I got quite a bit of knitting done - pictures of that to follow on another day.







The HWWTM even took the time to get his toes done . . .








And look what was waiting for me on the doorstep when I arrived home - Numma Numma The Special in some beautiful colorways. This yarn is 100% supewash merino put up in 700 yard skeins/125 g. I guess you can call it a laceweight, but you can use it for socks on size US 0 needles. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with mine yet. I can't decide which is my favorite color or which one I want to use first. L to R are Cupcakes!, The House Red, Pie Please, Cherry on Top, and Extra Olives.





Have a great week!





















No comments:

Post a Comment