Thursday, July 30, 2009

Long Time No Post . . .

. . . But I have a good excuse. VACATION!!! AT THE BEACH!!! Or maybe I should say that I was "on holiday". I love to say that. Maybe I was European in my previous life. Anyway, the family has been on holiday for the past couple of weeks. We left home 2 weeks ago to go to a family friend's wedding in The Delta. (That's in Mississippi, ya know.) From there, we went to our favorite place on earth - Destin, Florida. And guess what else, we even bought a condo there a couple of weeks ago. So exciting!! It needs a lot of work and won't be ready for about 6-8 weeks, but that's ok. We won't be able to go back until around Thanksgiving anyway, because of YS and OS playing football.

So, I did spend a little time picking out furniture and tile and paint colors and bedding and . . . and then it was beach and sun and sand and family time.

We really had a great, relaxing time. And guess how much I knitted. Not. One. Freaking. Stitch. I know, can you believe it? I didn't knit a single stitch in 11 days. Me. Who can't go 1 day without knitting, went 11 days. I missed it, but wool and sand and rum just don't mix. I have some catching up to do.

I had a lot of pretties to open that came in the mail while I was away. Pics of those to follow soon, I promise. BTW, I gotta new camera right before vacation. I haven't totally figured it out yet, so you'll have to be patient. There's a setting for almost everything except yarn. YS suggested using the "food" or "flower" setting. I'll have to experiment.

Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment