Saturday, January 16, 2010

Knitting, Football and the Beach

TD and I are at the beach, and it is storming! Rain is blowing in sideways and the wind is blowing at 25-30 mph. We don't care, because we brought knitting with us. Well, TD actually brought books with her cause she's taking a class, but she also brought knitting.

The red flag is blowing . . .


. . . and the waves are rolling in. The only ones who don't like it are the doggies because they can't go out.

The HWWTM and my 3 sons are in New Orleans for the Saints game this afternoon. Did you hear? Deuce is back!!! Everyone is so excited! And nervous!
Some of the yarn I brought with me is my Numma Numma Special Edition that came in last week. It's cashmere and silk - yummy. I'm going to be swatching it later today. I'd like to make something drapey with it, like maybe a February Lady Sweater or a Featherweight Cardigan. I already have some Wollmeise set aside for the cardi, so I'm leaning toward the Feb. sweater. I brought some different size needles with me to see if I can get a good gauge. We'll see.









And, of course, my newest obsession . . . Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! It seems I'm drawn to anything with cashmere in it. I can't resist it. This first one is called Ocellat Jewel Beetle. Did I mention that she names her yarn colors after bugs?!?






This one is called Autumn Tiger Beetle. It's really hard to capture the true colors in these. They're just beautiful.





And, lastly, Forester Moth, which is a gorgeous mixture of blues.


Well, I'm off to do some swatching and watching football. Go Saints!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment