Monday, January 11, 2010

New Yarns for 2010

I have another hat made from Koigu, held double through on size 6 needle. I casted on 86 stitches and did a 2 x 2 rib. I was making this for my 2 year old nephew, but ran out of yarn - 1 skein - and it didn't come out long enough. So this little hat is going to the baby who is already receiving the Girasole and Sweet Pea hat.




This little hat is made from I Love This Yarn in dark olive with mid green for contrast. I used a size 7 needle and casted on 76, I think. This one went to my 2 year old nephew for his birthday.






Kawkawesque update: one down, second one started. This pattern is a b*tch, but I got used to it, and the second one is going much more smoothly. It's Wollmeise in Krauterbeet WD colorway.


Some new yarns that came in the mail last week are Numma Numma Panna which is a new base. It is a soft, fluffy merino wool. The colors are Pink Berry and Inked.




This is a beautiful color called Metallic Fly from Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! It's a very beautiful, colorful color. Will make a great scarf that will go with lots of things.





And my December 2009 Woolgirl kit came in. Filled with lots of goodies - a skein of Yarn Love in Sugared Grapefruit color, a sock pattern, Agrodolce by yarnissima, and a hat and mitt pattern. There's also a great little pink buddy case, hot cocoa mix, 4 cute little chocolate flavored soaps, some postcards and a stitch marker. This is a great kit with tons of goodies.
I did, however, decide not to renew my subscription for Woolgirl kits next year. I just belonged to too many clubs last year and did not knit half of them. So I decided to at least take a break this year.

So, to keep a tally of FO's for this year, that makes 2 more hats, for a total of 3 hats and one pair of socks.
Have a great week.




1 comment:

  1. I might steal that pattern!! Love it!!

    Your sock came out pretty awesome!

    I guess you'll have lots of new FO's to post on Tuesday when we get home from the beach!!

    ReplyDelete