Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Saints Are Comin'

Presenting my 6th FO of the year - another pair of socks. I know, surprise! Everyone knows I love to knit socks and can usually turn out 2-3 pairs a month. I start other projects, and my interest fizzles out, and I go back to my socks. These are made from The Unique Sheep Verve yarn in Glee colorway. This yarn is alot of fun. It comes in 4 little mini skeins of coordinating colors. I wish I'd taken a pic of the skeins to show you, but didn't. The pattern is Gradience Sock knitted on 2.25 mm needles. I did make a few changes as usual. Also, it said you could do identical or fraternal - of course I chose fraternal (started one sock with skein 1, then 2, 3, 4, and started second sock with skein 4, then 3, 2, 1). I think they came out kinda funky. I don't know if anyone else would appreciate them, so I'll probably keep these for myself.






I finished my first Bugga! sock. This stuff knits up like a dream. Haven't casted on the second yet, maybe tonight during Biggest Loser.




Received this skein of Wollmeise Mitternacht WD (mitternacht means midnight in German) in a trade from Australia. You've gotta love Ravelry. You hook up with people all over the world. I had seen this colorway online and really wanted it. I love dark blues. I didn't realize it had the light blue and teal in it. It's very beautiful.





Guess where we were this past weekend?!!!! New Orleans!!! Guess where we'll be in 2 weeks?!!! That's right - Miami!!! The Saints are going to the Superbeauxl. It was an unbelievable game and an unbelievable weekend. Everyone is still floating around on air.

This picture was shot walking out of the Superdome right after the game. Everyone was taking pictures of the sign. The city was just electric.
In Girasole news, I have finished the charts, having left out a couple of repeats for size sake as well as for fear of running out of yarn. All I have left is the knitted on edge, which I plan to start tonight and hope to finish this week. If all goes well, I want to block it this weekend. Ok, now I've made a plan and set a goal. The mom-to-be that this is going to is due Valentine's weekend, so I really would like to get it to her asap. Also, her sister is pregnant and due in June, so as soon as I finish this, I'll have to get started on another. I don't think I'll do another Girasole, but I have found some very pretty circular shawl patterns that I think I'd like to try.
Have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment