Thursday, January 7, 2010

First FO's for 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Isn't it fitting that these socks are my first FO's for 2010? It felt like they took forever. Actually, the second one went much faster than the first, but that is always the case with me when I'm knitting a complicated pattern.

To reiterate: the yarn is Socks that Rock, Blackbird colorway; Raven Swirl pattern by Cookie A; needle size used 2.25 mm. I made the large size and used all of my skein plus some of TD's for the toes. These are going to our good friend, Percy. Hope they fit.





The second FO of 2010 is a Sweet Pea Hat by Susan B. Anderson, using Plymouth Encore DK in blue, and a random green yarn for the trim. Oh, and I used a size 4 needle and made the newborn size, casting on 56 stitches. These are for our good friends' daughter - the one I made the Girasole for. It was a fun, easy pattern. I just have a little trouble focusing when there are a bunch of little pieces - the pod and peas, etc.





My first project started in 2010 are a pair of Kawkawesque's by Yarnissima, using Wollmeise Krauterbeet (we're different) colorway on 2.25 mm needles. As all Yarnissima patterns go, this one is a tad complicated, but once you get the hang of it and get into a rhythm and understand what she is trying to do, it flows pretty well. Let's just say, the second one will definitely go faster than the first.


Another project started a couple of days ago is a little 2x2 rib hat for my little 2 year old nephew. His birthday party is Saturday. I'll probably finish this later today.



I'm gonna try to keep track of my FO's for 2010. I'm not sure if I can find a little gadget for the sideboard of the blog to keep a running tally, so for now, I'm just going to do it at the end of an entry with a FO.
That makes:
1 pair of socks
1 hat
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment