Friday, January 22, 2010

Most Favorite Socks Ever

I think these are my most favoritest socks ever. I love the yarn (Wollmeise), I love the pattern (Kawkawesque), well at least about 3/4 through the first sock I started to love the pattern, and I love the way they turned out. The colorway is Krauterbeet WD, knitted on size 2.25 mm needles. I will definitely be keeping these for myself. This is my 4th finished object this year - 2nd pair of socks.


This pattern goes so well with variegated yarn. I will definitely be knitting it again, not real soon though. And I will definitely use Wollmeise again.


I started a new sock soon after blocking the previous pair. I had never knitted a sock with Sanguine Gryphon's Bugga! so I was anxious to see what it would be like. And let me tell you, it is a dream to knit with. This pattern is Paraphenalia, and it is a 3x1 rib with a cable row about every 3-5 rows. Very easy, but looks very nice. This color is great; it's Forester Moth, a mixture of dark blue with a little teal thrown in. These are flying off the needles.



Remember my Numma Numma cashmere/silk yarn . . . well, I decided to do a February Lady Sweater with it. I've only done a few rows, and have not worked on it much. I pretty much wanted to get it on the needles, so it'll be ready to go when I finish the neverending Girasole.


No pics of the Girasole today. I really plan to finish it next week. I have one more chart and the knitted on edging to do. It's for a friend's grandbaby who is due Valentine's weekend, so I'd like to give it to them by the first of the month.
Going to New Orleans for the weekend to help pull the Saints in!!!
Watching a lot of tennis on tv . . . it's Australian Open time. Go Andy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment