Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stick a Fork in 'em...

...they're done. The clapotis and the scarf are finished!! I'm so excited.





First, the clapotis -


Yarn: Malabrigo - silky merino - Stonechat colorway
Pattern: Clapotis by Knitty
Needle: US 7
Started: 2/18/09
Finished: 4/15/09
Size: 20" x 64"

I think I will keep this for myself.








Above photo shows it unblocked; below blocked.





I usually hate these types of shots when I see them on other blogs, but no one else was here to model or take pictures for me.









Next is the tubular scarf:

Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns - Waterlilly - maroon and gray colorways
Needle: US 10
Size: 7" x 63" unfringed
Started: 4/2/09
Finished: 4/16/09

This will be gifted to a friend for her birthday.





This is already on its way to becoming Ishbel. It is Spritely Goods - Manzanita in Bloom colorway. I started it yesterday and can't put it down. I hope it doesn't turn out too small. I didn't have a long enough size 6 needle, so I'm using a 5. We'll see.







Here are a couple of pics of OS. We went to visit him at his college yesterday and spent the night. He plays football, and today was his last day of spring practice, so they had a scrimmage. He's so awesome. That's him, #7. Isn't he cute?























3 comments:

  1. Did he change numbers AGAIN???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I might hide that scarf the next time I'm home if you want to keep it. It may just find it's way into my bags for a trip to Birmingham to hang around my neck. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Clapotis is lovely!! I still haven't knit one yet, though it although it seems to always be on the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete