Monday, April 27, 2009

Top Ten Things I Didn't Hear This Weekend...

10. Are you knitting again?

9. Are you going to knit all day?

8. Have you even gotten up from that spot since I left?

7. There she goes . . . knitting again.

6. Here's the mail - more yarn.

5. Don't you think you have enough yarn?

4. Don't you ever get tired of doing that?

3. You and your friends look so dorky knitting together.

2. How much do you actually spend on yarn? (not that much, honey)

1. When are you going to make me a scarf/shawl/sweater/socks?



That's right, I didn't hear any of those things this weekend, because I was at The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling. I was among my people. It was so much fun, the comraderie, the friendship, the yarn, the knitting, the food, and the shopping. The friends were awesome - Stacy, Kaye, Allen, Keri, Lynda, Margaret, Lauren, Janice - just to name a few. I collected so many moo cards. I think I was the only one there without them.



I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have. Here are just a few:





This is a shawl that I started. It is Shawl That Jazz by Samantha Roshak. Sam was at the fling with the most beautiful, colorful shawl, and I had to make one. So I bought some Fiesta Boomerang in Surf colorway and started one immediately. Allen from Numma Numma also had one on the needles; she completed hers at the fling. It was unbelievable.



I took a class with the fabulous Cookie A on designing your own socks. We looked through stitch pattern books, picked one out, and started knitting. The best thing I got from the class was how to incorporate your cuff ribbing into the pattern. Isn't it great the way it just flows into the pattern?


Cookie and Wendy also autographed their books for us.









We got a great goodie bag when we first arrived on Thursday. It included this very unique Knitube by Namaste. Inside was a Loopy Ewe mug, pin and tattoo, some yarn of course (Schaefer Yarn, Nichole), and 3 patterns! I understand that there was more than one color yarn given out. I'm so glad I got the color I did...I love it. The patterns are Nebula Sock Pattern by Cookie A, Highland Fling Socks by Wendy D. Johnson, and Nicholetta by Laura Nelkin. I don't know which one I'll make with the yarn; they're all so great.





The highlight of the trip for me was, of course, the shopping. I got to go to The Loopy Ewe first thing Friday morning. I was so excited. One lady actually cried when she walked in. Honestly, I could have, but I held it in. It was overwhelming to be amidst that much yarn and fiber in one place. There was twice as much as last year since Sheri had expanded. I think I roamed around aimlessly picking up, smelling, and fondling yarns for the first hour. Then I started throwing things in my bag. I was out of control.






This is me and little Loopy. He came home with me.






Look at those bags . . .



The infamous Wall of Cascade . . .








Sheri and Web Guy(her son) checking everybody out . . .








And the large red shopping bag full of goodies. You'll have to stay tuned to see what I actually bought. This post has gotten way too long.















1 comment:

  1. Wow. Thanks so much for sharing your trip. I hope to make it there next year. Hubby even said he'd come along for the ride, but golf during the day. I'll see if I can hold him to it! Great gifts and buys.

    ReplyDelete