Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Trip...and a FO

It's been over a week since I last posted, but I have a good reason. I've been traveling. I was at The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling a couple of weeks ago in St. Louis, and then was home for 2 days before I left again. This time the hubby and I went on a business/pleasure trip to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands for almost a week. Now those of you who know me know that I am a homebody, and while I had a wonderful time on both trips, I am ready to be home for awhile. Well, at least until this coming weekend when we have to go to Jackson for OS's graduation - FROM COLLEGE!!!



Ok more on that later. For now, the trip to St. Thomas. Of course, there was food and drink (I'm having to play tennis everyday this week to try to work off that extra 5 pounds), pools, beaches, boat rides, islands. . .







and good friends. . .




It rained the day we left - it was beautiful even in the rain. I kept thinking I wished it had rained one day while we were there, and I could have stayed in and knitted all day.




Here's the FO I promised. I finished the first sock at the fling and the second on the airplane ride home from St. Thomas.



This was really great yarn to work with. It's Indie Dyer in Paisley colorway purchased from TLE. The pattern is Shock Wave from 1870 Pearl. I'll probably keep these for myself. Love the color.


Of course, when I arrived home, I had tons of yarn waiting for me. I'll photo it and put it up later in the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment