Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Socks That Rock Spoiler Included

Another finished pair of socks, made from handspun purchased from Debland over at Etsy.
Just plain ole stockinette socks on 2.25 mm needles. I love them. Handspun is so wonderful to work with.

Have I said how addicting these colors are? I couldn't wait to finish one color so that I could get to the next. These are the coolest colors when all put together. They are, of course, Yarntini mini-skeins cocktail. I have used 2 sets of mini-skeins already. In the middle of the photo, you can see how much I have left. The wonderful Yarntini herself has aggreed to dye more for me so that I can finish my beautiful blanket. Right now it measures 30" x 26". I'd like to do at least one more repeat of each color, and then possibly a single crochet edging on the sides.


And, knowing me, you know I got yarn in the mail - Wollmeise. From top to bottom are Silberdistel, Suzanne, Aurora, Im Dunken Wald, and Baba Jaga. The bottom 4 were received in "grab bags" and 3 of them are duplicate colors that I already have. I will probably use them for trades for colors that I don't have. That's the way things work in the world of Wollmeise.


And some wonderful Wollmeise Molly, which is a DK or worsted weight, which is destined to become a little vest for my 2 1/2 year old great-nephew.



SPOILER!!!


STR SPOILER!!!


My July Socks That Rock kit arrived last week. It is an awesome color, plus a small skein of their cotton yarn, which I've never tried, as well as 3 patterns. Two of the patterns look great, and I look forward to knitting both of them soon. The 3rd, Flip Flop Socks, will likely never be used. I'll probably use the small cotton skein for a baby hat or booties or something like that.


An upclose pic of the yarn "Firecracker" . . . .


And while I wait for my extra yarn from Yarntini to finish the first blanket, I'll start another. I will be using my go-to pattern, Big Bad Baby Blanket, with my go-to yarn, Koigu.
Off to wind my yarn and cast on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment