Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shawl KAL

I decided to join a shawl KAL (knit-along). This one is on Wendy Johnson's blog here, and you can also see it here (ravelry link). She explains it all and has put up the first part of the pattern today. She will put up the second part this Wednesday, the third part next Sunday, and then the fourth and fifth parts up on the next two Sundays thereafter. You can, of course, work at your own pace.

The premise is that you can use whatever yarn you'd like - lace, fingering, sport, worsted, etc. - on whatever size needle you want. I am using Dream in Color Classy, which is a worsted weight, in Petal Shower colorway. I already had 4 skeins, and will probably need another 1 or 2 before it is finished. Oh, and I am using a size 8 needle.

The picture below is the first part. I think it looks like a boob.


I had a couple of visitors this weekend.
Don't let these 2 pictures deceive you. I assure you, they did not do a whole lot of lying around - only after much running and playing did they take brief naps.





Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment