Monday, August 9, 2010

Surprise Baby Girls

It seems that everyone is having baby girls these days. There are 3 that I recently found out about . . . a good business friend's new granddaughter (that is 7 months old, that the HWWTM forgot to tell me about), Cherami's baby (born Friday, didn't even know she was pregnant), and Mitch's baby (due next month, didn't know they were pregnant either). Anyway, all 3 are girls. You know what that means - pink blankets.

The first blanket was already made and waiting in my closet to be gifted to someone deserving . This is going to the 7 month old. It's a little on the bigger size for a baby blanket - 34" x 38", but it is beautiful. It has been knitted for awhile, so it won't be going on my FO list on the sidebar. It is made of Schaefer yarns, Elaine, in colorway Pebbles. The pattern is the one where it is knitted on the diagonal . . . increasing, increasing, increasing, then decreasing, decreasing, etc., you get the picture. Very pretty if I do say so myself.


More Wollmeise in the mail this week - Daisy WD in twin. I can't get enough of this color . . . it is probably going to be my next pair of socks.



And my July Yarntini club yarn is Blue Sky variegated. Is it me or does it seem that alot of the different club yarns have blues and yellows in them this summer? Beautiful, nonetheless.



My Big Bad Baby Blanket, heretofore to be referred to as BBBB, has been put on hold temporarily, as this baby is not due till October. Just look at that gorgeous seed stitch.


I have completed one of my July STR club socks, with the exception of kitchenering the toe. Love the color, love the pattern.


This is the second girl baby blanket in Numma Numma Doppio, Frosting colorway, held double on size 9 needles. The pattern is Harvest Moon Blanket by Aimee Alexander. This yarn is a dream to work with.
Have a great knitting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment