Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Knit Too!

I don't just collect yarn, I knit too, you know. Here are a couple of FO's and a WIP. . .





This is Shawl That Jazz in Fiesta Boomerang, Surf colorway. It took about 3 1/3 skeins. It's about 72" across and 36" in the center top to bottom, unblocked. I am planning to lightly block it. I don't want it to grow too much since it's already nice and big. I'm glad I used a size 7 needle instead of 8 as the pattern called for. I wish I had used the option for making the ruffle rufflier. I'll definitely knit this again and do that. I'm keeping this for me . . . it's going to go great with jeans.






I call these my Spring Flingers, since it was designed at The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling in Cookie A's class. I really like the way the pattern knitted up, but obviously I didn't pay close enough attention in class because I couldn't make the pattern work on the foot. Hence, it's done in stockinette. I don't care though, since I love the color variations of this yarn so much, and it really shows up well in stockinette. BTW, it's Dream in Color Smooshy in Butter Peeps, so sweet. These are going to be put away and given as a Christmas gift most likely.





Next project on the needles is the pattern Angee from Cookie A's new book, Sock Innovation. The yarn is Numma Numma Toasty in Grape Jam colorway. Ya'll know how I love my Numma Numma. Keeping these.






No comments:

Post a Comment