Sunday, August 9, 2009

Too Many SS's

I finished my July Socks That Rock Kit. The colorway is called Garden Daze and the pattern is In Season, knit on 2.0 and 2.25 mm needles, small size. I'm keeping these for me.



I loved the color and the way they striped. Not too crazy about doing the cables on the cuff, but they turned out very pretty.

After I finished these last night, I started working on my Girasole, and only have to repeat Chart F and then do the knitted-on edging. Maybe finish it sometime this week. Found out the baby it is going to is a boy. So, I started thinking about my next sock project, and I realized that I have too many single socks (ss's). I usually don't do this, but I actually have 4 ss's. So, I made a deal with myself that I have to finish 2 ss's before I can start a new pair.
These are my watermelon 3x1 rib. I think I'll let them hibernate a little longer.


These are a maroon and gray (high school colors) 3x1 rib. I think I'll let them be my knit-in-the-car pair since they're simple.




These have been the bane of my existence - so I think I'll tackle them and get the monkey off my back. They're from STR - I think May 2008 kit. They're probably not as bad as I've made them out to be. I'm going to start the second one later today. If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, then you know they've done me in.




These are my Whine and Roses kit from TLE. I just finished this not too long ago, so I'll let them sit awhile longer.





And guess who's still heeeeere. . . BEAU BEAU.


He's supposed to be here for a couple of weeks while OS goes to football camp. It's like having a toddler around that gets into everything. And the biggest problem is that my 2 dogs don't like him. He only wants to play with them, but they'll have nothing to do with him. My male has let him know that he is the alpha dog, but the female is scared to death of him, and I think he has a crush on her.
So, if he's inside, this is where she is . . . in the laundry room. Poor baby.








And you can't keep him outside because he a) tries to eat everything, or b) digs up the yard . . .

Must go replant the liriope before the HWWTM returns from out of town . . .

Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment