Saturday, August 1, 2009

And Then There Was One . . .

. . . teenager, that is. Josh, MS (middle son), turns 20 years old today. Happy Birthday, Josh!!!

YS is the only teenager left, at age 14. My other 2 kids are 22 and 24. OMG, I must have had them when I was only 10. Where has time gone? It was only yesterday that they were all just babies.


He's pretty handsome, isn't he? He's also pretty smart, too. He's a business major at LSU, going into his junior year. He just moved into an apartment with a couple of his buddies in June, after living on campus the first 2 years. This new living arrangement is supposed to help improve his grades, according to him. He'll have more time to study, less distractions, and he won't have to go to the library to do it. We'll see if this turns out to be true.




He's also somewhat different from my other 3 children, in that he is very regimented in his thinking. He sees things in black and white with very little gray area. He sees things as right or wrong, and he expects people to do what they say they're going to do when they say they're going to do it.

This is him with one of his favorite cousins and his little brother. He teases his little brother quite a bit and beats up on him, all in the name of toughening him up (because I'm too easy on him, according to him).
Adults really like him too. He's very respectful and polite and gracious when interacting with adults (except with me, of course). We've butted heads quite a bit; he has quite a stubborn streak and has always wanted to be independent and take care of things himself. Which is great now, but not as a 2 year old! I have had to learn to just let him make his own
mistakes and learn from them.
I do love him and hope he is having a great (and safe) time in New Orleans this weekend.


On the knitting front, I finished my first STR sock. I really like it and plan to keep these for myself.


I also did a few rows on the blob today (Girasole). I'm on the 2nd repeat of Chart E. You're supposed to do it 3 times, but I think I'll only do 2. It's getting pretty big, and it is supposed to be for a baby. Then I have Chart F and Chart G (worked twice), and the knitted-on edging.
The baby that I am making this for isn't due till January, but I just found out that one of my best friend's daughter is expecting as well as my hairdresser's wife, so that's 2 more baby blankets. I'd better get busy!


Have a great evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment