Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Girasole KAL

I've started something, and I can't stop. I joined in the Girasole knit-a-long over at The Loopy Ewe. You can read about it in Sheri's blog post here. She is such an enabler. This is such an addictive pattern. I started Sunday (actually I attempted 3 times to start it on Saturday, but I was in a hurry and couldn't handle the double point needles, and then I misread the pattern, so I just put it down and tried again the next day), worked on it a few hours, then worked on it a few more hours yesterday. I've already gotten through Charts A, B, & C.

I'm using Louet Gems sportweight in white on a size 7 needle. I started out magic loop instead of double points, way too fiddly. I'm making this as a christening shawl for some good friends who just found out they're going to be grandparents. So excited for them.


This little beauty is from Simply Socks Yarn Company. It is their 4th anniversary special edition. It comes with a free scarf pattern. More info here.


And, lastly, some Wollmeise Zenzi light that I got in a trade. Love, love, love.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment