Friday, June 19, 2009

It's A Wollmeise Day!!!

Here is my Wollmeise stash. I thought it needed some straightening out. As you can tell, I've been ogling the reds, kinda going through them, maybe another Clapotis, maybe another Ishbel, . . . the reds are all so beautiful.

This is the bin reserved just for my Wollmeise, a little jumbled.



So I took everything out and laid it out on the rub. Oh My Gosh!!! I didn't realize I had so much! 43 in all, I think, and more on the way. I've acquired them in a number of ways - from the Wollmeise shop, TLE, and ravelry trades and purchases.

Such a beautiful rainbow of colors . . .


Here are the browns and blacks . . . (I tried to put the names facing up, so if you click on the picture, you can see the colors better with their names).



The purples . . .




The blues/greens . . .





The pinks . . .





And, my favorite, the reds . . .








The oranges/yellows . . .







Here they are all placed neatly back into their bin . . .

One thing really funny about me and my Wollmeise - if I knit a skein up, I am immediately on the lookout for another skein of that color. I'm not sure why. For example, Zenzi is one of my favorite colorways. I've made a pair of socks a long time ago out of it, and recently had a chance to acquire 2 skeins of Zenzi in a trade, and I grabbed them. They're a little different than the original skein I had, because most colors come in light, medium and dark, so it's not exactly the same. Funny, huh?
Anyway, still plugging along on the 2 socks from previous post, thanks to numerous basketball games and more to come this weekend. Girasole is coming along nicely too - on Chart E, which will take awhile. I only work on it at home, because it is white.
That's all for now. Off to more basketball with YS. Maybe he'll let me take some pics today.









No comments:

Post a Comment