Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend In Review

We had a very busy weekend. It actually started Friday with 2 basketball games, then 3 more on Saturday and one last one on Sunday. YS (on the right) is playing summer basketball with the high school jv team. It's a huge commitment, but it's just for the month of June. That's his BFF on the left.
After the last game Sunday, we got to celebrate Father's Day. The HWWTM gotta couple of neat gifts - a stadium seat, a wine aerator (which we tried out last night), and a couple of LSU shirts. We then went to his brother's house for fried fish. My father-in-law was there; he's 82 now. I wish I'd gotten a picture, but forgot to bring my camera.
I do have to say one or two things about the HWWTM. I know I give him a hard time, but he really is a great guy. He is a wonderful father and provider. I couldn't ask for anyone who treats me better, and, most importantly, he lets me buy all of the yarn that I want.

Here's the boys - YS, the HWWTM and MS who came in from LSU for the weekend. TD and OS couldn't make it home, but will be here next weekend for a close family friend's wedding.


On the knitting front, I've made some slow but steady progress on the Girasole, finished the first Zen sock and made good progress on the Watermelon sock this weekend while watching basketball.
I bought a pattern on Ravelry last night that I want to start. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use. I was thinking of a pretty blue Wollmeise, but the pattern calls for sport or dk weight. You know what that means . . . I'll have to break down and do a gauge swatch. Uck. But I do want it to fit, and I want it for this summer. Oh, I just thought of some yarn in my stash that might work. Going to check it out . . .
Oh, I almost forgot, guess what started today - WIMBLEDON! I'll be in front of the TV for the next 2 weeks knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment