Monday, June 29, 2009

Yarn P*rn Monday

WARNING!!!

HEAVY PHOTO POST!!!

You know, when I started this blog, it was intended to chronicle my knitting adventures. What it has made me realize the most is how much yarn I actually acquire. I've thought about going on a yarn diet, but what if something comes out there that I really need? Then I'd feel guilty, and I hate feeling guilty. I then contemplated lying to the blog. Well, not actually lying, but not putting new yarn up when I get it. I know, so silly. Maybe I'll go on a kind of mini yarn diet, which means the diet would exclude say, Wollmeise, Numma Numma, Yarntini, my faves. We'll see.

Here is the latest Wollmeise haul that I got from a ravelry destash. There are 2-3 skeins of each color. I only need one of each color, but I bought it all for trading reasons.

Two skeins of honig . . .


Three skeins of Single Malt . . .

Two skeins of Terra di Sienna . . .



Three skeins of Ebenholz . . .




Wollmeise Clementine that I got in a ravelry trade . . .





And some Numma Numma Booming Jukebox . . .





Yarntini self-striping in McDreamy and Luxury colorways . . .









Just took these babies out of their warm bath. I'll get a better picture once they're dry. Some socks I like to put on blockers and some not. These are kinda lacey, so I don't want them to get too stretched out. I think I'll probably gift these to someone, not sure who yet. I like them, I loved working with the yarn, Zen Yarn Garden, and I liked knitting the pattern, Cookie A's Summer Sox, but I don't care for the way the color turned out, just kind of random-like. I like some sort of striping or pooling or something. The cuffs started striping, but the stitch pattern increases then decreases, so the yarn never made any kind of pattern. I mean, they're beautiful, and some people like that look. I just don't care for it.






I saved these for last because I have to brag on TD. She came home for a few days for a wedding. These are her Wollmeise BlueBell socks from the last sock club. Look at that work! She is a somewhat tight knitter, but look how beautiful those cables are. I just don't know if I want to put that much work into a pair of socks, but she just plugs away. Of course, she only knits socks, so I think she doesn't mind a more intricate pattern. Aren't they gorgeous?


Hope everyone has a great week. I'll be in front of the TV watching the last week of Wimbledon. Go Andy!








No comments:

Post a Comment