Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Start & Finish

Gosh! I just went outside for 2 minutes to take a couple of pictures, and broke into a sweat! It is stiffling here. 94 degrees, 100% humidity! Already!

Anyway, I finished my May STR socks. Not crazy about the pattern, but like the yarn. All in all, love the way they turned out. I'm gifting these to a friend's daughter who likes purple.

Since I finished a pair of socks, I had to start a new pair, you know. Or maybe 2 new pairs. These are a simple 3x1 rib in Sunshine Yarns - watermelon stripe colorway - using a 2.25 mm needle. I love the way they're striping.

These are Zen Yarn Garden in Woolgirl colorway, also on 2.25 mm needles, using Cookie A's new freebie pattern, Summer Sox. I really like this yarn and this pattern.

In other news, the Girasole is coming along. I'm almost finished with Chart D, and I think it will be slow going once I do. On the last row, the stitch count doubles from 320 to 640. It's ok though. It's a very therapeutic knit, simple lace pattern with every other row stockinette. I'm very happy with how it's coming and can see more of these in the future.
Oh, and I frogged that scarf from the previous post. After a few inches, I didn't like the way it was striping. Love the yarn. It'll make a very pretty pair of socks. Love the pattern too; think I may work it up in some Wollmeise.
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment