Friday, June 12, 2009

Guess Who's Visiting . . .

OS and Beau came for an overnight visit. We thought we'd put him in the pool and see how he did. He generally doesn't like to be outside for any length of time because of the heat. (It's already in the 90's here.) We were afraid he might not be strong enough to hold himself up in the water, but he did fine. OS taught him how to swim to the steps and get out.


After his little swim, he got a nice bath under the hose . . .
Once we were inside - he kept running to the door trying to get in - he was pooped. Here he is chillin . . .


Then it was naptime . . .



Some yarny goodness came in the mail today - Wollmeise in Limone colorway - got it in a trade from a friendly raveler . . .




I'm on the heel flap of my STR club sock. Should finish it in a day or so. I think I may rip out the toe on the first one - I just don't like the way it turned out - and do it my usual way. These are going to a friend's daughter who likes purple. She's going through a rough time right now, and I hope this will let her know that I'm thinking about her, and she's not alone.





Progress is being made on my Girasole. I'm almost finished with the second skein of yarn. Already halfway through Chart D.





Put this on the needle and did a few rows because I need some travel knitting for the weekend. Think I might put some simple socks, maybe in sportweight, on needles too to bring with me. We're going to New Orleans with my youngest son's junior varsity basketball team for a weekend camp. We'll probably sit through 8-10 games. I should get a lot of knitting done.




Have a great weekend!
And Happy Birthday, Meg!





No comments:

Post a Comment