Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tennis Day

Thursday is probably my most favorite day of the week. I get to spend almost the entire day with 7 of my closest friends. You see, I play on a tennis team in a league against other teams, and our matches are on Thursday. We play tennis in the morning, usually go to lunch somewhere, and then try to squeeze in some time for a little bridge and knitting. I like Tuesdays too, because our team gets together for practice, and sometimes we hang out afterwards for lunch, bridge and knitting. I really enjoy my tennis. We're outside in the sunshine, running around, whacking the ball, getting all of the tension out, and hanging out with some really fun people.

I did get quite a bit of knitting done today. I want to make a list of my WIP's. I always have socks on the needles. I have several scarves, a clapotis, a log cabin blanket, and a little girl's sweater. I finished a sock today in the Yarntini February Happy Hour Sock Club yarn, Blackberry Kiss. So pretty. (no pics yet)(but soon) I worked on my fan and feather scarf that I only keep in the car--worked on this at my youngest son's track meet. He pole vaults. And now I'm taking a quick break from working on the blanket to blog. I'm actually practicing my continental knitting on the blanket since it is all garter stitch. I'm taking a class at my LYS on continental knitting. Just something new I'd like to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment